The buzz about virtual currencies have been around for sometime and i see it as something that has a place in online payments.There are attempts being made to make it mainstream by the winklevoss and this excessive zeal could only go on to undermine that very goal. I think the winklevoss twins should focus on the low hanging fruits first. I can not think of virtual currencies being used as hard currencies because that will be dangerous and will give businesses like the winklevoss unprecedented powers that only governments have exercised about issues involving currency. Surfing the web is part of our lives these days for most young and middle aged people. This provides a good grounds to implement virtual currencies but has to be done right to prevent making it just another fad. People are concerned about security, privacy and convenience when it comes to online transactions. There are lots of places on the web that i can think of such as online gaming, adult entertainment, music and social media and online articles and other contents. This areas I think are all low hanging fruits and offer more than enough space for virtual currencies to be applied and for it to succeed. Virtual currencies should in my estimation pass numerous security tests before making it widely available. I personally will like to have some virtual currency in my digital wallet and will be glad to use it for some of the uses i have already mentioned. I think some online retailers thinking of using it should be careful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment